Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ty Ty Land...aka Seoul, South Korea

We are here in Ty Ty land!  It still seems so unreal that we just traveled halfway around the world, 14 hours and 20 minutes in flight to be exact.  We are comfortable in our very posh hotel room and Chris is already sound asleep in the Heavenly Bed. 

The flight was awesome, yes I said awesome!  Flying first class in the 777 planes is like laying in your bed all day watching movies getting room service.  I watched 3 movies (Footloose being my favorite!), read my nook, slept for 3 hours (on a perfectly flat bed), and chatted it up with the flight attendants for while.  Go figure, one of the attendants lives in Northville less than a mile from us! 

Before getting on the plane we met another couple in Detroit traveling to get their second Korean child.  Sweet people from Kentucky.  We may get a chance to meet up with them this week, it all depends on our schedules.

Tomorrow we go on a Seoul city Tour and then spend the evening doing whatever we want.  We better enjoy it, it's our last evening without a toddler!  From what I can tell from our hour ride from the airpot to the hotel, Seoul is a booming Metropolitian city.  I reminds me of a mini New York, so cultural and hip! We can't wait to get out and explore.    Friday morning, just a little over 24 hours from now, we get Tyler!  It's still hard to comprehend and I don't think we fully will until we are on our way to Holt.  So Thursday at 9:30 Eastern time we will be getting Ty.   So for all those Grey's Anatomy fans, while your watching say a little prayer that all goes well. 

Tomorrow I plan on taking lots of pictures during our tour and I promise I'll post some.  Unfortuntealy my phone doesn't work so my blog and facebook are my two means of communication! 

Off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear more! I keep checking for updates! Your only 12 hours away now from meeting your boy! Ahhhhh!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete