Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Day of Wonderful Surprises

Today was my last day teaching kindegarten for awhile.  I plan on returning for the last week of school to send my little ones on their way to first grade.  Between now and then it's all about Ty and Libby.  I usually work a half day, from 12:00-4:00, but today I worked all day.  I now remember why I decided to do sharetime, it's way easier!  When I got to school this morning I was surprised by the thoughtfulness of my co-workers.  They are so excited about our adoption that they had a luncheon in Ty's honor.  It was great, they put Korean flags up, had fortune cookies and different kinds of pizza and salads, and sweetest of all an adoption poem posted for all to see. (see pics below)  It really touched my heart that they took the time to put this together...thank you!!!
This all made me realize yet again what a lucky little guy Ty is.  He is so adored and he hasn't even had the chance to charm anyone yet!  Just wait til he gets here...he will have everyone loving him up!

Korean Flag



 A few of the fortunes from our fortune cookies...
Some of my wonderful co-workers!
Today we got our Forever Family Day appointment.  Next Friday, April 20th at 10:30am we will meet Ty for the first time.  We will spend about 2 hours with him at Holt, along with his Foster Mother, and then he is ours forever!  It's had to believe that in 1 week Ty will be in our arms!
After school Chris, Libby and I went to one of our favorite restuarants, China Cafe, to enjoy a nice dinner. After we ate we each got a fortune cookie, seems to be a pattern for the day!  Our fortunes were awesome especially Chris':

Chris' was the middle one... he had to stop and think for a minute to make sure Korea was East.  It's confusing because we fly West to get there but it's definitly East.  Mine was the small packages.  Funny, I think an old post was titled exactly what my fortune said!  Lib's was about an opportunity...believe you me she is always ready for any opportunity that presents itself!

We have a lot to get done between now and Tuesday.  Pack, clean, soccer games, Red Wings games, etc.
Lib is on team Brazil...she got 2 goals! 

We worked together to make this sign... Hope our Wings can make a run at the cup!

And here are a few old pictures I have to post...
 Libby in the Easter dress she refused to wear on Easter Sunday.  It was just too fancy for her!  Didn't she look beautiful!?!
Silly Girl
Lib and I at the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum.  We had a girls day...Museum, Zingerman's Deli, and Shopping.  Love spending the day with my gal

Now I have to get packing and stop procastinating.  I think I'm still in denial that we are leaving in 3 days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment