Thursday, July 14, 2011

Family Traditions

July has been a month of many traditions we have formed over the past few years.  It started with our Fourth of July plans.  Every year we go to the fireworks at the club, spend time swimming at the pool with family and friends, and attend the 4th of July parade at Aunt Marsha's house in downtown Northville.  Only problem was one little guy was missing this year.  The funny thing, only it's not really funny, is that I remember saying last year that our new baby would be with us next year to do all these fun things.  I really mean it when I say that Ty will definitely be with us next year... this was our last 4th without him!

Saturday night fireworks:
Lib and Reggie decked out for the 4th
Waiting of the fireworks to begin!
After the firwworks Lib had fun playing on a
golf cart with daddy!
The next day we went to our friend's house for a cookout, boat ride, and more fireworks.  We watched the fireworks from their boat in the middle of the lake.  It was amazing!

Monday morning was the parade... getting up early after a long night was hard but we managed and had a great time!
Nice reverse outfits guys...cheesy!

Our yearly family picture in Aunt Marsha's garden. 
The scarey, or good, thing is we look exactly the same every year!

Come on parade get started...We're ready with our candy bags!

Red, White, Blue and LOVE!

Hello Paws!

Shooter, the mascot for the Plymouth Whalers!
Lib and Chis love going to the Whalers games.

Lib and her buddy Sam
As you can see the 4th was a blast!  Libby loves the 4th and says every year that she wants to change her birthday to July so she can have fireworks for her birthday.  Happy Birthday America!

Last week  I attended a conference on Multi-Cultural/Multi-Racial Families.  It was held at our adoption agency and was to help educated us on how to incorporate Ty's culture into our family.  My mom attended with me since Chris was out of town on business.  Poor Chris, he had to go on a 10 day work training trip to California.  He is really missing Libby and she is definitely missing him too.  Oh, I miss you too Chris!  Anyway, while I was at the meeting I met a girl who is also adopting from Korea.  She has already been submitted to the Ministry for approval and is just waiting for her travel call.  She told me that she was submitted 7 weeks ago and still hasn't heard anything!  Are you kidding me, that means that once we get submitted its a long wait for approval...does the waiting ever end?  Oh, and I still have no idea if we will be submitted this year or have to wait til January!   This whole process is totally unbelievable.  I don't think I would believe it was this hard to adopt a child if I wasn't living it.  I'll keep you posted but don't hold your breath on hearing anything, I"m not!

No comments:

Post a Comment