Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy = Fun, Fun, Fun = TIRED, TIRED, TIRED!

When my friend told me to keep myself busy this summer and live it up with Libby I didn't realize just how busy my life was going to be with a 5 year old!  I feel like she has a better social life than me!  Right out of the blue I have become that mother that is running her child from one thing to another and somehow picking up a few kids here and there along the way.  I usually leave the house with Libby and end up coming home with anywhere from 1-3 more girlies.  It is so nice to see Libby developing so many new friendships and having so much fun in the process.  Yes siree...Life is good for Miss Libby Lane! 

On Wednesdy we went to the zoo with Gigi, Aunt Linda and cousin Emma.  It was such a beautiful day, great temp., sunny, and a nice breeze.  I'm not a big zoo person so it takes a really nice day to get me there and yesterday was that day!  We did the whole DINO exhibit, so cool and worth the $4.00.   

Libby, Gigi, and Emma

BIG T-Rex and Little Lib


I love my girl!

What's behind you Lib? WATCH OUT!

Watching the Rinos
Thursday was another eventful one day.  It started with tennis, then swimming, and finally a bike ride at Kensington with Aunt Kelli and Ethan.  It was beautiful riding around the lake and I was so proud of Libby and Ethan for hanging in there even after the accident!  It was hilarious but quite tramatic for the kids...essentially, Ethan accidently rode his bike into the lake.  Libby freaked out because she was so scared for him and Kelli and I laughed our As.... off!  Here are a few pictures to help bring this event to life...
You would have through Libby was the one who rode into the lake!
She was beside herself.  She loves her cousin so much!

Kelli trying to console Ethan, while laughing herself!
Aren't we model parents!?!

The scene of the accident
 Here are a few pics of the smooth part of the ride...




In training for an upcoming 20 mile ride!  :-)



Dairy Queen after....how sweet is this?!?

BEST FRIENDS!
Swimming with friends


Ethan and Lib
Friday was tennis for me, finally, and then swimming for Lib and a few friends.  We ended the day with 4 girls at our house.  It was great, they all played and I read my People magazine.  I have come to realize the more kids Lib has over the more time I get to myself.  
Greta, Lib and Sam, watch out boys!

Play date with friends!
So as you can see we are not sitting around this summer...I am loving Libby being 5, she's so fun!
Today we are off to the Fireworks at WCCC and then tomorrow more fireworks on our friend's lake.  This is going to be a fun filled 4th of July weekend...next year Ty will be joining us for all this craziness and fun!  Happy 4th of July Ty!

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear you r enjoying this last summer with one kiddo. Cant wait to spend a day with you girls soon.

    ReplyDelete