Thursday, July 14, 2011

Change of Plans

This past Tuesday we were suppose to go up north to my friend's cabin, however; the weather had different plans.  Due to the bad storms that came through Michigan on Monday, Jen's cabin lost power.  Try explaining to a 5 year old that her mini-vacation is cancelled.  She was not happy but rebounded after explaining all the fun things we were going to do and that we would be going to the cabin next week.  Lib took the news in stride and we went about having a fun filled week at home!  On Tuesday Jen, Alexa, and Sofie came to the pool with us.  Jen is my teaching partner and friend and just adopted Sofie from Russia in March.  She is adorable!
Jen and Sof

Lib and Sof Chillin' at the baby pool.  Lib practicing
being a big sister

Lib and Alexa in the big pool

On Wednesday morning when we woke up something invaded Libby's body because she picked out her own outfit and it was a pink tutu with a pretty little flower shirt to match!  I seriously couldn't believe it, where was my little tomboy?  The choice of outfit immediately put us into photo-shoot mode. I made Lib pose for pictures outside.  I think they are adorable, you decide for yourself...





After our photo-shoot I played tennis and then took Lib to Music in the Park in Plymouth.  Little did I know that Music in the Park is a major production.  It was insanely crowded but we managed to find a place to sit and have fun.  We walked to Jimmy Johns to get lunch and sat and ate while we listened to The Fiddlers from Saline.  Not my favorite kind of music, but they sure were talented.  In places where there are tons of kids I always find myself looking around at all the little ones and trying to figure out how old they are.  Basically I am trying to figure out what Ty is like right now at 11 months and what he will be like when he comes home at about 14-15 months (Hopefully that's not wishful thinking)

Lookin' fab at Music in the Park!
Daddy comes home on the red-eye tonight and we have a funfilled weekend plan. Welcome Home Daddy, we missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment