Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Successes and Failures

Here's why I haven't been blogging, Ty hasn't been sleeping (well not at the right times anyway)!  Basically he goes to bed late, 11:00ish and gets up late, 10:00ish.  His nap has been in the late afternoon and very short.  So, after enjoying my mornings and GMA for a few days I decided to put an end to this not so ideal schedule.  This morning I woke him up at 8:00am.  He was tired and mad at me but I didn't care.  It hasn't taken me long to get into the "I'm your mom and this is how it is mode."  Poor guy, he only got one week of nicey nicey  me and now he gets the real deal!  Well it is 1:30 in the afternoon and I am blogging, you guessed it...he's napping right on schedule.  My plan is working, now I have to hope it works for the rest of the day and he goes to sleep at 8:00pm as I'm hoping.  No more jet lag excuse here buddy, I mean business and I like my sleep so you are going to like yours!!!

Yesterday I took Ty to meet my students.  He loved them!  He ran into the classroom and engaged with them right away.  They were all about him and they were so sweet.  They gave him his space, most of the time.  A few made adorable cards for him and just thought he was the cutest thing.  I was watching very closely to see if he would find his way back to me.  I'm still very much aware of the atttachment and want to see that he wants me.  He'd play for awhile and then find me.  His bond to me was more apparent in the staff lounge with my colleagues.  He was not as social, still social, just not as.  He mostly sat on my lap and played peek-a-boo with whoever would engage with him (it's by far his favorite game...maybe because it's one of the few words we actually know in Korean!)  Overall our visit was a success and I felt confident leaving there that he knew I was his mama and that I was the one who would keep him safe, provide his food, give him a bath and put him to bed at night... Not sure he wants to be put to bed but too bad, I'm doing it anyway kid!

 This is a fun game

Ty trying to escape Kindergarten

Class Clown
Libby and Ty are getting along well, Libby is still being so sweet.  There have been a handful of times when I see that she is feeling sad and left out, but she handles it in stride.  Ty requires so much attention right now and it is making me feel that mommy guilt.  I'm trying really hard to give Lib a little extra right now but it seems everytime we start doing something Ty needs something.  Last night Lib and I were working on designing her a thrity-one lunch box for next year.  She needed to pick out the fabric and color for the monogramming.  Half-way through our designing I needed to get Ty to bed, a long process that Chris and I had both already at this point spent about an hour on.  I went up to relieve Chris.  When I finally got him down I went to look for Lib, she was sound asleep on the couch next to the computer still waiting for me.  I felt so bad :(  I quickly finished the order so I would be able to tell her in the morning it was done and on it's way.  Oh, and she so kindly let me know this morning that I forgot to pack her a snack yesterday for school.  Man, this mom thing sure has gotten complicated with 2!  CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

Lib designing her new lunch bag

But, inspite of a few challenges, we are a happy family of 4 (except Reggie, he and Ty are not the best of friends!)  We are enjoying each day and learning new things about Ty.  First, he doesn't like to wear socks.  My sister informed me that in Asia people don't wear socks, even in the winter.  All the floors in their homes are heated so socks are not needed.  That explains why everytime you put socks on Ty, he quickly takes them off.  Another thing is he will drink his bottle where ever you give it to him.  If you hand it to him in the kitchen he will lay down on the hardwood floor and drink it.  It's super funny :) Also, he likes to suck on the tags of stuffed animals.  So, today we made a trip to Toys R' Us and got a taggie blanket.  It was the perfect blanket, a dog named buddy because Chris calls Ty Buddy, it was mean't to be!  It's amazing how much you can learn about someone you spend every waking minute with.

My Taggie, Buddy
Notice, no socks!
Ty learned his first English word in a matter of days...UP!  He puts his hands up and says, "up."  His little mind is working so fast, you can just see him soaking up everything.  He also loves the song The Eency Weency Spider.  I taught him the hand motions to it and he loves to take my fingers and put them together to make the spider.  I'll try to get a video of it.



Tonight we have Libby's art show at school.  I can't wait to see her masterpieces... unfortunately she got her art skills, or lack there of, from me.  However, it will be fun to make the night all about her!

 Libby's first Art Show

Lib's masterpiece

Guess what, it's 2:10 and I'm still blogging, that means Ty has been napping for over an hour...SUCCESS!  

Now it's 9:45 pm and I just got Ty to sleep after three rounds of letting him cry it out...FALIURE! :(
Better luck tomorrow.

Here are some great pics...
 Another hockey player

 Take me out to the ballgame

 Little brother, Big sister









No comments:

Post a Comment