Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Okay, that couldn't have went better in my dreams...this kid is amazing! He was smiles from the minute we met him til the minute he left with us.  All his foster mother kept saying is he's easy going, happy and a sweet busy little guy.  All those things were evident during and since our meeting.  Ty took to both of us immediately.  Of all the toys we took the cell phone was the hit, go figure.  Also, as I tried to write answers to the questions we were asking his Foster Mother, he tried to steal my pen.  He successfully got it and drew us a picture.  Chris says he's going to be an artist.  On his first birthday he chose the pencil, which means he's going to be a scholar!  (I'll explain later about the Korean 1st birthday tradition)
DJ the social worker at Holt told us this was one of the easiest meeting she has had in awhile.  It made her happy to see Ty take to us so easily.  I know this is still new and things may change rapidly but I'm holding out hope that his laid back nature will help him through this transistion easily. 

As we drove home he played in the cab.  After awhile we gave him a bottle of milk and within 5 minutes he was sleeping and has been every since (over an hour now!)  How nice it is to be able to see him so peaceful.  Thanks for all the prayers, it appears they worked!
We still have a full day ahead of us once he wakes up.  We plan on heading to the park and shopping! He is bigger than we thought and the shoes and some of the clothes I brought are too small! 

Okay I know you want pictures so here you go...


 His Foster Mother

 Looking at his photo album
 DJ, the social worker...lovely lady!



Notice the pen in his hand...he had to have it!

Foster Mother saying goodbye to her last baby!



 Drinking a bottle in the cab

 Out cold in the cab on Daddy
Up to bed
 Taking a nap
Once he woke up his personality started to shine...





5 comments:

  1. He's so sweet! I'm so happy for you guys, he seems so good natured. Isn't it so weird to be driving in a car with a baby on your lap!? He does look so much bigger in these pictures with you guys holding him! I hope he continues to be a good napper so you can keep up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! I am so happy for your family!!

    Congratulations! :)
    Sarah Dodds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I'm so happy for you and your family. Anne-Marie sent me to your blog. His laugh is so adorable! Makes me think of all my first times with my two. They are so worth the wait!
    Congratulations! Susan Yaklin-Everson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I am soooo happy it all went so smoothly and so much better then you expected!! He is so stinking cute! O picked the pencil too!! Those pjs are what O had under his homecoming outfit! Ha! Love the sweet sleeping picture!

    ReplyDelete