Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer's Coming to an End...

Two things happened today that made me realize summer is nearly over... I went into my classroom to begin setting up for the new school year and Libby started hockey!  The first brought me some anxiety, the second much joy!  It is so fun watching little kids (5 and 6 year olds) skate.  However, what brings me more joy is watching the coaches struggle to get them to pay attention and follow directions!  You may wonder why this brings me joy?  Because it is what I do on a daily basis for 9 months teaching Kindergarten...it's nice to see others experience my pain (I know that's mean!:)

Libby loves playing hockey and has so much fun practicing the new skills she learns.  She is a determined little thing (usually the littlest on the ice)!  She is so excited to find out what team she will be on and get underway with her first mini-mite season.  In no time she will be teaching Ty how to skate and play hockey! 



Who's listening? 
My Mini-Mite
Flirting with the boys! Lib's #126

Moving the puck
Practicing cross-overs

Sweaty after a hard skate

Look at those pretty blue eyes!

Tomorrow I take Lib up to Bay City to stay with my parents for a few days!  She, and her cousin Ethan, will have tons of fun being spoiled and I will have a few fun days to myself (Chris will be out of town as well)!
Hopefully this week we will hear something from Bethany about the adoption as I realize that August is quickly fading and I believe they said the doors for submission to the Ministry will be closing around September...that's oh so close.  More prayers that we hear something soon, something GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment