Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Emma...

This past week Lib's cousin Baby Emma turned 2!  I guess we have to stop calling her Baby Emma...she is now a big girl. Ty can take over the baby title and we can call him Baby Ty Ty!  Anyway, we had a great time celebrating Emma's 2nd birthday.  Had fun visiting, playing mini-sticks, and eating good food including Aunt Linda's impressive homemade Elmo cake! 

Emma (2) Lib (5)

What did ya get?
Gigi and Emma

Emma supporting her new Red Wings jersey!

Go Wings!
 
Playing hockey with her new hockey set!

Need 1 more finger up Emma...you're 2 now!
 Celebrating Emma's birthday made me think again about Tyler celebrating his 1st birthday without us.  Oh well, you can't worry about things that are outside of your circle of influence...thx Stephen Covey for teaching me that lesson; now I just have to learn to follow it!:) 

As I was laying in bed this past Friday night I got an email at 9:45 from Bethany, our adoption agency.  I immediately got excited thinking it was some new info. about Ty's status.  Before I could open the email it brought me back to that very special Friday night in late February when out of nowhere we got the phone call telling us we got our referral, It's a boy!  So while the email was opening I was thinking Friday's are good luck for us, this must be good news telling us that Ty has been submitted to the Ministry for Approval and that we would be getting him this year!  NOPE...it was an email telling us that the agency was at a retreat all day Monday and that they would be available to be reached again on Tuesday...pretty exciting eh!  Thx for getting me all excited for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment