Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Ty Guy

Sorry I didn't post on your 1st birthday Ty (August 27th), I was busy celebrating YOU! 

August 27th was on a Saturday and it also happened to be Libby's first hockey practice.  When I got to her practice this lady, who looked familiar, walked up and said "Hi" as if we were long lost friends.  I stood there trying to quickly come up with how I knew her.  Finally I said, "You look so familiar but I can't place how we know each other."  To my relief she was in the same boat, knew me but didn't know how.  To make a long story short we figured out we had been in a moms group long ago with our little ones and coincidently our kids were now on the same hockey team.  The reason I lead with this story is because she asked me if Libby was my youngest.  I began to tell her Libby was my oldest and that we were in the process of adopting our son who was..."OH MY, HE’S 1 TODAY" I yelled!  I think she must have thought I was crazy but at that moment I remembered it was Ty's birthday!  What a surreal feeling, having your child turn 1 and not knowing all the ins and outs of him; what he likes, what makes him laugh, what comforts him...I could go on and on but it just makes me sad!

I have waited all month for an update on Ty and some pictures of him in the #1 onesie we sent him.  Unfortunately, we have gotten neither an update nor photo.  I'm still hopeful they will come but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Our social worker Pat (love you Pat) is putting in a request for an update, hopefully that will help!

Yesterday we got word from Bethany that there will only be 4 children submitted to the Ministry for approval for the remainder of the year.  These 4 families will be submitted sometime in the next few months.  This gave me hope until I read on a little further and it said, "Families with Korean heritage will get priority."  Last I looked we have no Korean heritage in our family!  Yet another hoop to jump through to get Ty home.  Will this process ever end?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment