Monday, September 26, 2011

33 months and counting...

The biggest question we get asked these days is, "When will you get to bring Tyler home?"  Our answer varies depending on our mood, but mostly we say, "We have no idea, hopefully within the next 6 months!"  I feel like we have been saying that for the past year.  So, all this got me to thinking, just how long have we been in this process of adopting a child...the answer is 33 months and counting!!!  IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO TAKE THIS LONG!!!  

Every year I go on a trip with me college roommates.  Each year we pick a different location and all go for a long weekend.  Last year, while we were in Fort Meyers Beach Florida, I told the girls I would not be going the next year because of the adoption.  I KNEW (silly me)  that our child would be here and the thought of leaving him that soon just wouldn't have felt right!  Well guess what, I'm leaving Thursday night for our annual girls trip, heading to NYC!  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited I'd just rather have been spending the weekend with our little Ty guy! 

On Friday we got 3 more adorable pictures of Ty...such a little man.  He is currently 13 months old, weights 21.8 lbs., and is 30 inches long.  He has 2 top teeth, 3 bottom and a smile that will melt your heart.  My teaching partner tells me his smile is a sly little one and that he is going to give us a run for our money.   I say, "Bring It On!" 


13 Months old


No comments:

Post a Comment