Thursday, June 16, 2011

Patience, a life lesson...

Today is my first day of summer vacation and you would think I would be estatic...!  For some reason I have this extreme feeling of anxiety, why, I have nothing pressing to do and all the time in the world?  I think I am focusing too much on having a whole summer without Tyler, such wasted time!  It just kills me that he can't be here to spend the entire summer with us!  My friend who just went through an adoption said she was feeling the same way last summer and her agency gave her some advise that she passed onto me;  "enjoy your last summer with Libby and do all the things the freedom of having a 5 year old allow you to do, it will be awhile before it's like that again."  Wise words and ones I will live by this summer! 

Today we resent our paperwork to get Tyler's name changed and his birth certificate.  Not sure how long it will take for this to be processed.  We haven't heard anything from the government, US or Korean.  It is mid June and it seems like nothing is getting done.  I know it is behind the scenes I just wish we knew where the whole process stood and when we might get to go get him.  When we first got the referral I was hopeful that we might travel in July or August, now I'm thinking more like Septbember or October:(   I think the whole lesson one learns from adoption is patience

1 comment:

  1. Hugs friend. He will be here before you know it and it will be an exciting emotional experience that will make this waiting a faded memory. Just like when you were waiting for Lib. Lets get together and pass the time together.
    See you soon
    Love ya
    Min

    ReplyDelete