Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Place of your very own...

We, meaning my mom, Libby and I, have worked very hard getting Ty's room ready for him so he would have a place of his very own.  What started as a simple project turned into something much bigger...doesn't it always happen that way!?!  There was a sports border around the top of the room and I wanted to remove it.  I was hoping that the previous owners had painted all the way to the ceiling before putting the border on, I wasn't that lucky!  So, my mom and I had to paint a perfect strip all the way around the top of the room.  I must say, we did a darn good job! 


My IKEA find...


This dresser cost me $5.00 at a moms-to-moms sale.  I am a little like my dad, I like a good bargain.  My mom and I painted it blue to match the strip on the wall.

Big boy bed!  We have a crib and a bed in Ty's room (I think I'll be spending my nights sleeping in this bed).  The headboard was junk picked by my sister and painted by, you guessed it me and my mom!  LOVE the train bedding!!!


Lib set up all the toys for Ty.  These use to be her toys and she had no problem giving them to him...she has moved onto bigger and better toys!


Tyler and Libby have matching painted names in their rooms. 




 My next post will be Libby's Bedroom...She did a Dr. Seuss theme and it is adorable!



1 comment: